Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Message in a Bottle


 Spin on!  Don't you just love how the colors in the fiber just move so gradually into eachother.  This shawl pattern is called Beithe  over on Ravelry.  I was not sure how I was going to like casting on over 400 stitches to start this as it goes from the bottom up!  Once that was done it was a very fast knit and I just LOVE it.  Love the drape of the Polwarth and silk blend of this fiber, the lightness and drape.  I spun almost 600 yards out of my 5 ounce braid of fiber.  The color way is Message in a Bottle and dyed by CorgiHillFarms on etsy.    The biggest challenge was blocking it! 

I have a few patterns in my ravelry library that are just crying out for some handspun yarns.  If you visit ravelry and want to friend me I am timelessdog over there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment